Another Day in Paradise

Paradise......maybe. I guess it is all based on perception! I feel so blessed to have an amazing husband and an incredible baby boy who makes my life complete. We live a simple yet cherished life and enjoy spending time together as a family. As long as we are all together it really is.......just another day in paradise.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Potty Party!

I have to post about this simply because I am so proud of my Camden. He may not be too happy with me in several years once he reads this post but I will take that gamble!

Yesterday we went to Target to get a few things and on a whim I decided to buy him a little potty. I asked him which one he wanted and he chose a little froggy potty. He clearly was excited about it because he wanted to hold the potty throughout the rest of our shopping. When we got home he seemed anxious to try it out, so we did! He immediately tried to take off his shorts and diaper and sat down on the potty and PRESTO, he peed on the potty! I of course went crazy with cheering, jumping up and down, singing, clapping, dancing and gave him a huge high five! I also told him that he could have an M&M treat out of the M&M motorcycle dispenser that we have and he LOVED it! This began the full on cycle of pee on potty, cheer, treat, dump potty, flush big potty and repeat. We were home about 2 hours and he had gone countless times and even went #2! To say the least I was/am shocked. During that time before he went down for a nap, I was exhausted and hadn't even had time to take a drink or get lunch....he was so into it! He told me every time that he had to go and would run to his little potty. There was no peeing on furniture or the floor even though he was only running around in a t-shirt and nothing on the bottom. (Literally!)

This morning we started the process all over again and it has been a great day! We went out this morning which I know is a potty training no-no but I wanted to go get him some big boy underpants. I took the potty with us in the car to get the underwear. I put a pull up on him when we went out. We were getting ready to go into the store and he told me he had to go....sure enough we quickly dropped the pants and pull up and he sat right there in the backseat and peed on his froggy! He did it twice while we were out and kept a dry pull up the entire morning. When we got home he put on a new pair of underpants and he went several more times on the potty before his nap!

I know that this may not be nearly as exciting to everyone who is reading this, but this post was more for me than for anyone else. I want to be able to look back on this years from now and re-live how proud I am of my baby. He is so smart and I am so happy that he is excited about this part of growing up! I have always heard that boys are slower at this milestone. But maybe my Cam is the exception at not even 2 yet! So at the Clinton house we are in the midst of a potty party and loving it!

5 Comments:

Blogger A girl who sees said...

That is AWESOME!! Good job Cam!!

May 28, 2010 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

way to go Camden!!! We have been planning to buy Matthan a potty soon- hope he does as well!

May 28, 2010 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yippee! Definitely worth celebrating! Mattie was 22 mos and Jacob 26, both with no trouble. It can be done a lot more than Dr Sears might like us to think. Maybe it's a diaper company conspiracy...

May 28, 2010 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Momma.Smart said...

WOW i am IMPRESSED!! He just turned two too!! What a big boy, he def deserves all those M&M's :)

June 1, 2010 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger Momma.Smart said...

well i retract that not even two yet!

June 1, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home