Another Day in Paradise

Paradise......maybe. I guess it is all based on perception! I feel so blessed to have an amazing husband and an incredible baby boy who makes my life complete. We live a simple yet cherished life and enjoy spending time together as a family. As long as we are all together it really is.......just another day in paradise.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

THE GREAT FREDERICK FAIR!!!!!!






This evening was spent at the Great Frederick Fair with my parents! It was Camden's first "agriculture" experience which he happened to sleep through most of it! I love the fair and always think it is a great place to hang out as a family and get to "take in the sights" as I say! I am sure that your fairs wherever you may live are quite similar as they tend to bring out the "finest" of the community! I told Jon that I could literally sit at the fair all week and do nothing but people watch Frederick's Finest! Haha- it sure is a place to see all kinds!

We loved it and had a great time breaking our diets and enjoying roast beef sandwiches, fries, ice cream and of course funnel cakes! Clearly I enjoyed my funnel cake so much that I decided to share it with Camden's hair! Haha- there was no avoiding his hair as I tried my best to dodge his head while powdered sugar blew all of his golden locks! He didn't seem to care......!

We saw plenty of pigs, cows and goats (and smelled them too) and we had fun looking at all of the tractors that we knew next year Camden would be begging to have a turn to sit on!

Every year the fair never seems to change but yet the town still seems to anticipate it and get excited each time it rolls around. Trace Atkins was playing tonight and it was a sold out crowd, along with Dirks Bently later on in the week.

We had a good time as a family and we are so blessed to have Camden to share these family traditions with even at a young age! And so we will join the town in waiting for the fair to make it's return next year, where it will bring a whole new experience for us as Camden is old enough to experience it for himself!

3 Comments:

Blogger A girl who sees said...

Looks like fun!! We were hoping to make it down there sometime this year for it - but looks like it'll have to be an experience for next year. :/

September 13, 2008 at 6:59 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Well, I just want to know if your fair has a tried and true DEMOLITION DERBY?! That is a true southern state fair! (And the only night we go to our fair!) I'm guessing John has been to one...

September 14, 2008 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger Allegra said...

Liz!!!! Hi girl, it has been a very long time since we've seen you. Neil and Jess had told us that you were going to their church and had gotten married. Your baby boy is such a cutie! ;) Jason and I have been living out here in San Diego for about a year and a half. Anyway, just wanted to say hi since I "found" you on Jess's blog :)

October 2, 2008 at 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home