Another Day in Paradise

Paradise......maybe. I guess it is all based on perception! I feel so blessed to have an amazing husband and an incredible baby boy who makes my life complete. We live a simple yet cherished life and enjoy spending time together as a family. As long as we are all together it really is.......just another day in paradise.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ahhhhh.......massage!




How I would love to say that today I spent the day at the spa receiving a relaxing massage. That was not the case. It was Camden in fact that experienced his first infant massage today. He lately within the past 4 weeks has been experiencing an extreme amount of discomfort and gastric issues. We are not sure what the problem is even though he has always been a gassy baby, he has seemed to get worse.

I have heard that infant massage can have many benefits and has really proven helpful for digestive issues. So I started looking online and found this wonderful massage therapist who is certified in infant massage. I made an appointment for Camden and my mom and I went this afternoon with him. The whole idea is that the therapist will teach my mom and I how to do these techniques so that we can massage Camden daily and we should start to see some results shortly. My mom went with me so that I have someone there who can help me to remember the techniques and then I can come home and teach Jon so that he can also do this with Camden. I am willing try anything at this point just to see my baby be comfortable and not in so much pain all the time.

The session went really well and we were given so many helpful techniques and tips to help with his tummy problems. She focused on that today since that is the issue that I am complaining about. She will also teach us massage for how to calm him, ease discomfort or fussiness, help him sleep longer and sounder and reduce his sometimes colicky mood.

After the massage he had one of the best nights he has had in awhile! I am really excited to start this with him and it is also a great way to bond with him! I am very optimistic at this point and will keep everyone updated on Camden's massage sessions with Leslie and Mommy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

what fun! i massaged all of my babies after their bath every day for the first year of their life. i'ld grab the lotion and go to town. they all loved it...well, except james, he was more ticklish than the others! i pray that this works for you!

September 19, 2008 at 6:11 AM  
Blogger mom said...

I'm so glad it seemed to work, Liz! I hated seeing him in such pain....Hang in there - this too shall pass, but just think of what you'll learn in the process...

LY G3

September 20, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home