Another Day in Paradise

Paradise......maybe. I guess it is all based on perception! I feel so blessed to have an amazing husband and an incredible baby boy who makes my life complete. We live a simple yet cherished life and enjoy spending time together as a family. As long as we are all together it really is.......just another day in paradise.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

The best Mother's Day

I was so excited this year for Mother's Day as it was my first! It was such a great feeling to have my sweet baby boy here in person to celebrate this Mother's Day. It was a wonderful day and Jon worked hard to make it special for me. I was treated so well:

* Slept in

* Camden fed and changed

* Breakfast made for me and kitchen cleaned up

* Gorgeous flowers

* Thoughtful card and gifts (everything I mentioned to him for ideas....he remembered them all! What a great guy!)

* Church with the family

* Yummy lunch, made for me again!

* Baby napped

* Fantastic dinner at Outback! Totally worth the wait!





He was waiting so patiently at Outback. He caught a cold this weekend which mad me so sad that he was sick on Mother's Day.....but he was such a trooper and really hung in there during the crazy long wait at Outback!

The day was great and it would have been even without all of those things. Camden is such a gift and I am so thankful that God has entrusted motherhood to me. The days are long and hard sometimes, but the year has been so short. I love my Camden to pieces and he is the reason that I was able to celebrate this Mother's Day with such joy. A huge piece of that joy could not be possible without acknowledging the fantastic mother that I have. She has taught me so much about life, how to love and how to live a life of humilty and selflessness. Mom I love you so much and thank you for being the best example. You have shown me that mothering does not stop just because children grow into adults. You have continued to mother me over the years with the balance of love, support and friendship that is needed to connect as children grow. Thanks Mom and Happy Mother's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home